Toothaches are hard to deal with. And when it comes to kids, this can be an even bigger challenge. They can strike at any time, and even happen when pharmacies are closed, or when you are on vacation and miles away from the dentist. Fortunately, with the help of safe toothache remedies, they can get some relief until they are treated by the dentist. With a convenient grocery store or a full cupboard, a relief from a troublesome toothache is just a simple recipe away. Read on to learn more on how to deal with your child’s toothache.
Common Causes of Toothaches
Kids are bound to have growing pains. However, this does not mean that a toothache should be ignored. It can be an indication of something serious that the dentist will have to address. Before you pick the right toothache remedy that is best for your child, it might help to look for the following signs of common toothache causes.
• Bruxism or tooth grinding
• Cavities that are caused by tooth decay and can be corrected with fillings
• Enamel erosion that is caused by acid or bacteria that exposes the tooth pulp
• Inflammation that shows in the form of swollen and red gums
• Sinus pressure, where your child have complains of headaches and a “full” head
• Periodontitis, which is an infection of the gums that causes gums to recede and eventually lead to tooth loss
Toothache Homemade Remedies
Below are recipes and remedies proven to be generally safe for use on health children suffering from a toothache. There are some ingredients that are more common than others, but all of these should be available in a grocery store near you.
• Salt. Take an 8-ounce glass of warm water and stir in a teaspoon of table salt. Let your child swish the solution around their mouth and gargle. Salt has long been used an anti-bacterial cleanser, and works well in fighting bacteria in the mouth that can cause irritation and infection.
• Peppermint. Another generally safe traditional cure for pain, peppermint is a delicious toothache cure for kids. Take a pure peppermint tea bag and let it cool for a few minutes in the freezer and place it between the gums and cheek for a pain relieving compress. You can also use a few drops of peppermint oil applied on a cotton ball. Just make sure that you do not use one with a high alcohol content because it can cause irritations on children.
• Garlic. Although highly repulsive, garlic is an effective remedy against toothache. It is known for its general health benefits, as well as its antibacterial properties, making it perfect for irritation caused by infection. Mash up a clove of garlic and make it into a paste. Add a pinch of salt and use a cotton swab to spread the resulting paste on the affected area.
• Cloves. Cloves are popular toothache remedies for adults, so they should work for kids as well. Its active ingredient eugenol is an effective pain reliever, although excessive use can lead to nerve damage. Considering this, apply only a few drops of clove oil to a cotton swab and apply to the affected area for a few minutes. Never use the whole or ground cloves.
Aside from the above mentioned toothache remedies, you can also take over the counter age-appropriate and anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen to help reduce inflammation and eliminate the root cause of some toothaches. Also, a cold or warm compress made from moist clean towels applied against the cheek can offer some relief from jaw soreness. If your child experiences persistent pain, do not hesitate to contact your dentist immediately or visit the emergency room.
Keywords: local dentist office in the colony texas, Family and Cosmetic Dentist in carrollton
By: James Franklin
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from James Franklin:
- Bad Breath: What Causes It and What to do About It
- How Long Does Tooth Bonding Last?
- How to Protect Your Smile from Gum Diseases?
- Role of Natural Antibiotic in Fighting Tooth Infection
- Can Scaling Damage Your Teeth Enamel? Know the Myths and Facts
- What Does It Mean When Your Jaw Hurts?
- What Are Cavities And What Causes Them?
- What Causes Bone Loss Around Your Teeth?
- How to Take Care of Teeth and Gums Naturally
- What Is The Best Length For Your Teeth?
Article ID 1089461 (Views 413)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.