Not too keen about smoking cannabis? Try edibles.
Edibles basically refers to cannabis that is ingested rather than inhaled. They’re made by infusing marijuana extracts into a solvent of dietary fat like alcohol, butter or olive oil. Getting a high from edibles is mostly achieved in one of two ways: through the stomach (called gastrointestinal) or through the saliva (called sublingual).
● Sublingual edibles or lozenges allow the cannabinoids to enter the bloodstream via the tissues found in the mouth. The results are usually felt in just a few minutes, just like smoking. However, the effects can wear off in a just a couple of hours.
● Ingesting gastrointestinal edibles like gummies and brownies might not have any effect for a while, but once you do, the feeling lasts longer. A cannabis-infused cookie, for example, can take up to 2 hours to take effect, but the high can be felt for up to 8 hours afterward.
When you eat edibles, you’ll feel the effects in about 5 hours, with the peak at 2.5 hours after ingesting the cannabis. Why the intensity?
The reason for this is because ingesting marijuana allows cannabinoids to be released in waves. The exact level of the high, though, can be dependent on several factors including potency, body chemistry, edible type, and personal tolerance.
Because edibles are made to be treats (and are therefore delicious and tasty), it’s quite easy to eat more than you should. However, you need to keep in mind that it’s always wise to start low—and go slow. This means you should eat a small amount first and wait for a while before you eat more. That’s to prevent you from getting hit with an overly strong buzz.
Think this sounds extreme? Or that the recommended ingestion amounts sound too conservative? Well, they’re not. In fact, it’s possible to feel the effects with just a piece of cannabis candy or from a single bite of a weed brownie. Before medicating with edibles, keep these tips in mind.
● Thoroughly read the label to make sure that you’re taking just the right dosage for your unique body and needs.
● Take notes as you’re medicating to help you remember the dosage that you consumed and how you felt while consuming it.
If you find yourself consuming more than you should, anxiety and paranoia-filled thoughts can start to set in. When this happens, it’s important to keep one thing in mind: everything will be okay.
Relax your mind, breathe normally, and stay calm. Give your body enough time to allow the cannabis to pass through your system. Also, remember to do these:
● Make a note of the amount you consumed
● Look for a calm place where you can relax
● Keep distracted by watching TV, listening to music or playing a game on your phone
● If you’re in public, tell someone you trust about your situation and plan for a safe exit
Cannabis-infused edibles offer a convenient and discreet way to consume marijuana. For first-timers though, you might have many questions before you start venturing into this whole new world of weed consumption. Medicate carefully, keep a record with notes, and do some research to find the best way of consuming edibles for you.
About Ed ‘n Bill’s Candy Co.:
Ed ‘n Bill’s Candy Co. offers a wide range of high quality edible medical marijuana products for healing, education and discovery. Their trained medical marijuana staff gives patients safe medicinal options for their specific symptom and diagnosis.
Keywords: edible medical marijuana products, About Ed ‘n Bill’s Candy Co., infusing marijuana extracts
By: Stephen Robert
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Stephen Robert:
- Why Do Marijuana Edibles Give Different High than Smoking?
- Why Does Edible Marijuana Increase Appetite?
- Do Different Edibles Give Different Highs?
- How Does It Feel to be High on Weed Brownies
Article ID 1065771 (Views 88)