Before you start the instalment process, please make sure that CSR Code is generated, all validations are met, and the SSL Certificate is issued and downloaded.
To install SSL Certificate, perform the following steps: -
1. Copy the certificate into the shell text editor and the file as “mydomain.crt”
Note: - Copy the entire contents of the certificate from (and including) the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----and ---END CERTIFICATE---lines.
2. Copy the certificate to the Apache Server Directory in which you plan to store your certificates (by default: /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/ or /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/)
Note: - If you have custom installation, please locate the server directory.
3. Open the Apache Configuration file in a text editor. Apache configuration files are usually found in /etc/httpd. The main configuration file is usually named httpd.conf. In most cases the <VirtualHost> blocks will be at the bottom of this httpd.conf file. Sometimes you will find <VirtualHost> Blocks in a separate file in a directory like /etc/httpd/sites/ or in a file called ssl.conf.
4. Locate the SSL VirtualHost associated with your certificate. Verify that you have the following 2 directives within this virtual host. Please add them if they are not present.
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/domainname.crt (or server.crt)
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/domainname.key (or server.key)
Note: - Some instances of Apache will store Virtual Host information in a ssl.conf file. If your httpd.conf contain no Virtual Host information then you will need to locate and amend the ssl.conf as above.
5. Save the Changes and exit the shell editor.
6. Start or Restart your apache web server using one of the following commands:
Author Bio: -
The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest SSL Certificates providers now offering SSL/TLS Certificates at ₹ 1/Day with dedicated 24*7 Live Support.
The SSL Store™ was founded in 2009 and is owned by the Internet security firm Rapid Web Services, LLC. Our headquarters is in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida, and we have additional offices in The Netherlands and India…where there are 50+ people working on website security solutions just for you! As the world’s foremost provider of SSL security certificates, The SSL Store™ is one of the largest Platinum Partners of the world’s leading Certification Authorities (CAs), including Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte, RapidSSL, Certum and Comodo.
Keywords: ssl certificate
By: Gaurav Maniar
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Gaurav Maniar:
Article ID 1059820 (Views 274)