Removal of body hair can be a painful process. Though there are multiple options and ways of removing body hair, you’ll want to consider all of them before making a decision. While shaving might be a temporary solution, the hair tends to grow back quickly in a matter of days. Depilatory creams dissolve hair in minutes, but they tend to smell bad. Moreover, a more thorough hair removal technique is waxing or sugaring, which snatches the hair at the root. Though the hair doesn’t grow back quickly, the process is painful and causes itchiness during re-growth.
Apart from these methods of hair removal, there are more long-lasting options lie electrolysis. It uses a super-fine needle that is inserted into each hair follicle to send an electric current that kills the hair follicle. This method is extremely painful, and also time-consuming.
While the methods mentioned above of hair removal are opted by many, yet another famous hair removal technique is laser-hair removal that damages the hair follicle to minimise hair growth. The laser detects the hair exclusively by focusing on the pigment cells that reside in the hair follicle. Once the hair melanin in hair is targeted, the laser burns all the way down the root and the hair follicle. Within just a few sessions, one can throw away their epilator or razor.
Before one can go ahead with laser hair removal, understanding the different pros and cons of such a hair removal technique is imperative.
Pros of Laser Hair Removal
- While laser hair removal doesn’t get rid of hair altogether, it does, however, reduce hair growth. Eventually, that one can stop shaving altogether.
- Laser hair removal can be done on any part of the body
- With regards to the pain, laser hair removal falls somewhere between shaving and waxing. Technicians utilise ice to help numb the area before and after the treatment.
- It is a safe and effective method of hair removal
- As compared to other hair removal methods, laser hair removal treatments are quicker and takes half the time
- Opting for laser hair removal treatment is cheaper in the long run
- One of the most dreaded aspects of post waxing methods are the ingrown hairs that pop up, which leads to itchiness. With laser hair removal, say goodbye to ingrown hairs, as it is a method to get rid of them.
Cons of Laser Hair Removal
- While each session of a laser hair removal treatment is quick, the therapy altogether takes multiple sessions to see results, and one has to wait for about five to six weeks between treatments
- Laser hair removal is expensive
- Laser hair removal works better on fair skin with dark hair, and worse on darker skin. This doesn’t mean it’s not a possibility for darker skin types, but one would want to make sure the facility opted for the treatment is appropriately equipped.
- Laser hair removal, if not done by the right technicians, can lead to a bad start. Thus, it is essential to try out the treatment from a certified laser treatment centre.
Once you take the time to learn about laser hair removal, one will be able to discover whether you would prefer this method for permanent hair reduction.
Keywords: Laser Hair Removal
By: Abd Ul Lateef
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Abd Ul Lateef:
Article ID 1059303 (Views 177)