Disability has been described as a condition in which the sufferer is unable to perform optimally the normal day to day functions which they used to be involved in. For doctors disability is a condition in which they are unable to attend to their patients any longer. They cannot carry out surgeries or go to clinic and all the other numerous activities which they are usually involved in.
During the course of work and over a period of time, it is possible for a doctor to develop some kind of disability or the other which can seriously impair the functions of the doctor. Doctor Disability Benefitsdescribes the way which insurance can be used to ensure that doctors do not suffer unduly in the case of any eventuality and they get disabled and unable to work.
Some of these disabilities include
1. Cardiovascular diseases and diseases of the circulatory system- this might be due to the fact that long hours are spent standing up and working. It has been noticed that a lot of doctors suffer from heart diseases and circulatory system health challenges. When these sicknesses impair and affect the normal day to day function of the doctor then his ability to function and attend to his clients is impaired.
2. Musculoskeletal illnesses- the long hours of standing and not sitting down can also affect the bones and joints of doctors. This can lead to illnesses such as rheumatism, arthritis and the likes. One problem with these illnesses is the amount of pain which sufferers go through over the course of the illness. This suffering makes it most of the times impossible for doctors to attend to patients and perform surgeries.
3. Mental disorders- doctors are also human like the people they treat and so they are also prone to suffering from whatever illness which humans suffer from. One of such problems is psychiatric illness. Some doctors while on the job have been seen and reported to have exhibited erratic behaviour. When this wrong behaviour was brought under scrutiny, they found out that the doctors were actually suffering from one mental illness or another ranging from plain depression to schizophrenia and even manic depressive disorders. All these illnesses will certainly affect the doctor’s ability to function optimally and properly. In such an instance such a doctor might be asked to stop working.
All the illnesses mentioned above and much more can deter a doctor from being able to continue to function well in the capacity which is expected of him. When a doctor suffers from any of such disabilities, it will be a thing of sadness if such a doctor does not have an insurance plan. A disability insurance plan is a kind of insurance plan. If a doctor takes out a policy which has disability insurance as the thrust of its focus, such a doctor is better placed to ride out the waves of life which such disability has thrown at him.
Keywords: Best Own Specialty Disability Insurance
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Doctordisabilityshop:
- What is the cost of a physician Disability insurance cover?
- How does Disability Insurance for Doctors work?
Article ID 1047164 (Views 110)