Women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) are regularly found to have higher level of insulin in their bodies than normal. Insulin is created by cells in the pancreas, known as the islets of Langerhans. It helps the body cells to transform sugar (glucose) into energy.
Your glucose levels can rise, if you don’t create required amount of insulin. This can also occur if your body is resistant to insulin, which means that it can’t use the insulin produced by it successfully.
In an effort to maintain the blood sugar to normal levels, your body may make an attempt to pump out high levels of insulin, if you turn out to be insulin resistant. If the insulin levels become too high, then it can cause your ovaries to generate more androgen, for example testosterone.
If a woman has a body mass index above the normal range then insulin resistance may also occur. Insulin resistance can make it really difficult to become fit by losing weight. This is the reason why many women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) find it hard to lose weight.
A woman can become can make insulin resistant, if she consumes a diet high in refined carbohydrates, like starchy and sugary foods, which automatically makes weight loss, more difficult to control.
What Foods Items Should You Add In Your Diet?
Here’s a list of food items that you need to add in your diet, if you’ve PCOS:
· Lean protein, such as fish, lamb
· High-fibre vegetables, for example, broccoli
· Anti-inflammatory foods and spices, for example, tomatoes and turmeric
Remember, food items that are high in fibre content can assist to fight insulin resistance by slowing the digestion process and decreasing the effect of sugar on the blood. This might be useful for females with PCOS. Excellent choices for high-fibre foods are:
· Winter squash
· Green and red peppers
· Sweet potatoes
· Beans and lentils
· Green and red peppers
· Greens, for example arugula and red leaf lettuce
· Cruciferous vegetables, like cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts
Lean protein sources like lamb, fish, and chicken don't give fibre yet these are extremely nutritious and a healthy choice for women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
Food items that reduce inflammation in the body are also recommended to PCOS patients, such as:
· Olive oil
· Fatty fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids like sardines & salmon
· Fruits, like strawberries & blueberries
What Foods Items Should You Limit Or Avoid In Your Diet?
· Sugary snacks and drinks
· Food items rich in refined carbohydrates, like muffins and white bread
· Inflammatory food items, like processed meats
Inflammation is caused by refined carbohydrates, which intensifies insulin resistance. Avoid these highly processed food items like:
· White potatoes
· Sugary desserts
· White bread
· Or, anything which contains white flour
Don’t forget that sugar is carbohydrate and it’s better to be avoided.
If you’ve PCOS then it’s better to consult the best doctor for PCOS in Mumbai. The doctor will provide you a detailed chart of the food items that you should eat or avoid.
Keywords: best doctor for PCOS in Mumbai
By: Swati Desai
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Swati Desai:
- 5 Signs Of Infertility In Women
- What Cause Infertility In Female?
- Why Infertility Happens? Top 10 Medical Causes
- 4 Natural Ways To Treat PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
Article ID 1043703 (Views 112)