Indian tiger safari exclusively highlights the spotting of the royal Bengal tiger. It is the main tourist attraction for wildlife explorers here. Despite being the national animal of India, Tigers have been in the list of endangered species for many years. As per the last consensus of 2010, the estimated population of Bengal tigers in India was around 1900. Also known as Panthera Tigris, Bengal tigers are known to be one of the most magnificent species of nature. They ar mostly found in India, Nepal, Myanmar, Bhutan and Tibet and a Tiger safari in India is not complete without a rendezvous with this mystical Bengal beauty.
There are some very amazing facts about the majestic Royal Bengal tigers. A fully grown tiger can weigh as much as 190 kgs. This massive weight is contained in upto 9 feet of height in length. Its fur is reddish gold in color. These are the specifications of a male Bengal tiger, the female tigresses do not weight beyond 140 kgs. Obviously their huge body also possesses enormous strength which they use to catch and hunt their prey. So immense is their strength that they are known to drag the bodies of animals, even far greater than their own weight, to many miles easily.
Known to be solitary species of tigers, they have very good vision and hearing ability which helps them in hunting. They can also climb on trees despite their massive weight and are also great swimmers. Hence they do not spare their prey even if it happens to be on trees or in water. Their mighty roar can be heard as far as two miles away. When in search of food, they can also turn into man eaters in the scarcity of food.
Indian tiger safari puts special focus on the ferocious Royal Bengal Tiger. Corbett National Park, Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary and Sunderbans National Park are their natural habitats as they thrive in mangrove and deciduous forests and require marshy swamps and grasslands. Despite many conservation efforts, they still face the risk of extinction and fall into the category of highly endangered species. The government’s Project Tiger puts a huge focus on their conservation. Under the new National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) guidelines, 70% of the earnings from safaris are to be used within tiger reserves, while the rest 30% goes into the management of these safaris.
Rules of tiger safari in India have become stricter after Sunderbans was declared a World Heritage site. No feeding of wild animals is allowed inside the Park. Littering of a natural habitat is also a punishable crime. Smoking and flash photography is banned to avoid the risk of accidental fires.
For a smooth and pleasurable Indian tiger safari experience, drivers and guides have set instructions regarding the speed of the vehicle and the route to be taken. They have to follow rules of keeping a specific distance from other vehicles. Apart from the general rules and regulations, visitors are also educated on the need of sensible tourism and report violations to the park authorities.
Keywords: Tiger Safari India, Indian Tiger Safari
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Bali:
- Wildlife Tours in India: The Evolution
- Wildlife Safari Trips in India- An all inclusive journey into wilderness
- Information about Wildlife of India and Wildlife Safari Trips in India
- Experience the treasure of Tiger Safari in India
- An Adventure Called Wildlife Safari Tour To India
Article ID 1041325 (Views 160)