Physics education or Physics education research (PER) discusses the methods which are presently used to explain and teach Physics. PER also implements new ideas and thoughts in the area of pedagogical research that seeks to improve the existing methods in Schools. The teaching method that is usually adopted to teach Physics at the School level and college level is a combination of theoretical lectures accompanied with the demonstration, laboratory sessions and assignments questions that require the students to ponder over the concepts that they have learnt.
In the book, An Introduction to Physics Education Research, some trends to be followed in the classroom was identified by the researchers who were working on the project.
1. Conceptual understanding: There are several misconceptions which are followed by the students while learning Physics. For example, one of the famous is that a heavier object will fall faster than a lighter object or for that matter, another one is, acceleration is always zero when velocity is zero. The misconceptions need to be identified and treated. For this, the things from real life which involves the application of Physics has to be brought into the light. Students need to be asked about their thoughts and views on it. This way, the teachers will be able to analyse the false notions that students have in their mind. Hence, they will be able to correct it.
2. Problem Solving: We all are familiar with the hordes of ‘end of chapter’ exercises given in the textbook. Solving these sometimes very difficult problems can be a nightmare for the students. Class 11 Physics problems are a level up difficult as compared to Class 12 Physics. For a student in CBSE board, CBSE class 11 Physics NCERT solutions are provided on the internet by various educational sites. They can also do preparation of need NEET exam by solving previous year exam papers of NEET 2016 these are provided on a public platform is a relief for the students. Every student or teacher who has taken up Physics understands the emphasis on problem-solving. The process by which the field of Physics Research is advanced, problem-solving plays an important role. Problems derived from the real life should be often given in assignments. This would enable the students to sit and think upon the how the possible solutions can be found out. And, many a times students do come out victoriously.
3. Attitudes: We have seen many students behaving indifferently towards physics subject. It has been inculcated in them by the social viewpoints on how hard the subject is. This is more of a psychological thing. The University of Colorado developed a gadget which reveals the attitudes of a student and the expectations about physics as a subject and as a class. The attitude of a student is often found to decline after the traditional mode of instruction. Studies have shown that this can be reversed and positive attitudinal gains can be seen if attention is paid to "explicate the epistemological elements of the implicit curriculum”.
4. Social Aspects: Substantial research has been conducted into gender, race, and other socioeconomic matters that can influence learning, not just in physics, but in any field. Additionally, research into the social aspects of learning such as body language, group dynamics and even classroom set up (lecture hall, lab setting) and how these factors affect the learning of physics has been carried out. Indeed, all these factors play a major role in the learning ability of the student.
5. Technology: Technology can be used in the classroom for making the students better understand the concepts. Animation videos, graphics, PPTs, demonstrating the activities in a textbook will help in making the ideas clearer to the students.
Apart from all these factors, perhaps the most productive outcropping is the development of curricula design based on more than two decades of research in physics education. Rather than an academic structure which will encourage the students to rote learn, a curriculum must be designed which will encourage logical thinking and reasoning abilities.
Keywords: CBSE class 11 Physics NCERT solutions, solving previous year exam papers of NEET 2016
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from diya:
- Higher English – Tips To Excel
- Early Schooling Additional Skills
- Working With Math
- How To Make Teaching Interactive
- Secrets Of Successful Student
- Seven Revision Tips To Excel In Exams
- How To Score In Chemistry
- How To Use Previous Year Paper Effectively?
- How To Make Smart Choices To Face The Challenges For Class XI
- Giving Hand In Children Education
Article ID 1040442 (Views 607)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.