India is vast south Asian country with diverse culture, climate and food. If you are planning to visit India then in this blog we help you to suggest the best top 10 monuments to visit in India.
1. Taj Mahal –The Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is white marble mausoleum on the bank of famous Yamuna River in Agra, UP. Taj Mahal is an example of how deeply a man loved his wife, that even after she remained but a memory, he made sure that this memory would never fade away. It was built by Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan in 1632 in the memory of her beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal.
2. Qutub Minar –Qutab minar is located in Delhi the capital of India. It is a 120 meter brick tower which considers the tallest brick made structure in the world. The tall minaret was constructed in 1192 by Qutab-ud-din Aibak, and later completed by his successor Iltutmish. Qutub Minar is a World Heritage Site and an classic example of Indo-Islamic Afghan architecture.
3. Golden Temple - Harmandir Sahib also known as Sri Darbar Sahib and informally famous as the “Golden Temple”, is famous sikh pilgrimage in India. It is located in Amritsar, Punjab. Everybody irrespective of cast, creed and race can visit and feel the holy environment. The construction of golden temple started in 1585 and completed in 1604. The golden temple is surrounded by a large lake (Sarovar), which consist of holy water as per sikh belief.
4. Lotus Temple -The lotus temple which is also known as Bahai temple, situated in New Delhi. It is the best example of expressionist architecture in India. The temple belongs to Bahai faith which consider as a spiritual unity of all mankind. It was open for public in 1986 and then after it become famous for worship among the all religions. It is the best place for meditation and peace.
5. Gateway of India - Gateway of India is located in Mumbai, the financial capital of India. The construction of gateway of India started in 1911 and completed in 1924. It is again classic example of Hindu and Muslim architectural styles.
6. Mysore Palace – The Mysore palace is considered one of the best monuments in south India. It is located in Mysore district of Karnataka state. The Mysore palace follows the Indo-Saracenic architectural style.
7. Hawa Mahal - Hawa mahal is palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Hawa Mahal reminds you the royal Rajputana culture of Rajasthan. It was built for royal household women to observe the festival in Jaipur city while unseen. It was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799. The palace was architect by Lal Chand Ustad in the form of Crown of Lord Krishna, the famous Hindu God.
8. Victoria Memorial –Victoria memorial is built in 1921, in Kolkata, West Bengal. This building is testimony of British Empire in India. It is dedicated to the memory of queen victoria and now a museum for tourist. If you want to see the cultural legacy of British Empire in other part of world then it is perfect destination for you.
9. Charminar Hyderabad – Charminar is most recognized and popular monuments in India. It is a mosque constructed in 1591 by Quli Qutub Shah in Hyderabad. The English meaning of the char-minar is four towers. The area surrounded by Charminar is also known by the same name and very famous landmark in the Hyderabad city.
10. Ajanta Ellora Caves -The Ajanta Ellora caves are near Aurangabad in Maharashtra. The caves was built in the middle of the sixth century and comes in UNESCO world heritage site. It is very famous destination among the tourist because of rich history. It is must visit monuments in India.
For more information please visit our website : www.b2btravelplanner.in
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from nimeshp821:
Article ID 1039183 (Views 462)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.