The world today is ruled by globalization, the fast paced information and transportation systems, culturally diversified communities and work spaces. Globalization encourages operations from various countries and cultures. However, this also generates different challenges that multi-national companies have to deal with to be thriving in their respective target markets. There is a staggering increase in the cross-cultural interaction which is usually due the complex cultural differences amongst the employees. This brings the need for companies to equip their employees at various levels with cross-cultural communication training or inter-cultural communication training.
Companies exist to make profits. To continue to make profits in a cross-cultural environment the organization must focus on clarity of communication between the employees of various cultural backgrounds and nationalities. Cross-cultural awareness trainings would get the most out of the inter-cultural interactions and reduce any possible cultural faux-pas.
Culture shock is a common term one can constantly hear when a person is moved from the place of comfort to an unknown space. This usually causes stress and anxiety about the suitable behaviours in a new environment. Cross-cultural sensitization training edifies the skills that one might require to adjust in a relatively new culture or environment. It is always found that expats must thrust and absorb themselves into their new lives which indeed is a huge task to do. In these scenarios, cross-cultural training has many benefits which an employee and employer can reap. Some of them are as follows:
1) People tend to explore themselves: This training helps them venture into the information about their own cultures and perceptions which otherwise they would have never delved into. Cross-cultural training helps them learn about themselves and their roots.
2) Different prejudices and stereotypes are broken in order to give way to new thought processes and understandings of new cultures through objective light. Barriers broken down once there is an effective cycle of open dialogue exchange and relationship building.
3) Breaking down of barriers encourages trust building which brings in space for mutual understanding, co-operation and enhanced productivity at work place.
4) Cross-cultural training will help the employees focus on the positives than the cultural differences and the negatives. Cross-cultural training aids in developing a sense of togetherness and highlighting common ground. Once spaces of mutual understanding are recognized, employees engage in utilizing the same to overcome culturally challenging situations.
5) Through cross cultural training employees build up enormous 'people skills' that can be applied in their work spaces. Once employees understand the sensitivities of different cultural behaviours of people they automatically tend to embrace the differences and become solution oriented than merely complaining about the existing problems.
6) Cross-cultural training programs improve employee’s skill therefore equipping them to future employments experiments and increase in growth in terms of salary. Also, gives a competitive edge in the international market with a large multi-cultural employee base.
It’s time to make your company culturally responsive. The company will be able to see apparent results for the same too especially when they have their business set up across various countries. The more importance the company gives to cross-cultural training the possibility of increase in their success and profits will be quicker. Individual effectiveness will earn greater engagement and satisfaction for the employer in due course of time.
Cross-cultural training program would help an organization explore their own values and cultures and amalgamate with the employee’s cultural understanding through a blend of facilitator driven discussions and group activities. These training programmes provide an opportunity to the companies to build inter-cultural competence amongst their employees to keep up with the international business environment.
Keywords: Cross-cultural training program, Cross-cultural awareness trainings
By: Bodhih Training
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Bodhih Training: More »
Article ID 1038667 (Views 188)