'z Rising Fast Food Consumption Driving The Global Tomato Processing Industry - Article Catalog

Article published by : Kanika Sharma on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - Viewed 1432 times


Category : Food & Beverage

Rising Fast Food Consumption Driving The Global Tomato Processing Industry

The origin of tomatoes can be traced to South America with the Mexicans being the first people to domesticate it as a food. The consumption of tomatoes spread throughout the world following the Spanish colonization of the Americas and today tomatoes are grown in over 150 countries. Tomato processing, which began with the manual canning of tomatoes in 1847 currently represents a highly organized industry with sales worth billions of dollars.

Around 80% of the tomatoes produced worldwide are consumed as fresh, whereas the remaining 20% are utilized in the tomato processing industry. Processed tomato products include- peeled tomato, partially dehydrated tomato, diced tomato, tomato snacks, tomato paste, ketchup, soup, juice, sauce, powder and concentrate. Among all these products, tomato ketchup and tomato sauce in small packages have seen a rapid growth in the past few years. The United States currently represents the world’s biggest tomato processor accounting for more than one third of the total global tomatoes processed. Other major countries include- Italy, China, Turkey, Iran, Spain and Brazil.

As an important flavoring ingredient, processed tomato products are extensively used in the food processing industry, fast food joints, hotels, restaurants and in house-hold consumption. A number of factors are currently driving the growth of the tomato processing industry. These include changing food habits, rising incomes, urabanisation, increasing snack food consumption, emerging markets, growing consumption (especially by teenagers and youngsters) of fast foods, etc.

IMARC’s latest study “Tomato Processing Plant Project Report: Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a tomato processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the tomato processing industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the tomato processing industry in any manner.

To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:

IMARC Group Asia:
Email: apac@imarcgroup.com
Phone: +91-120-415-5099

IMARC Group North America:
Email: america@imarcgroup.com
Phone: +1-631-791-1145

IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa:
Phone: +44-702-409-7331

To know more please visit: http://www.imarcgroup.com/tomato-processing-plant


Keywords: Tomato Processing Industry

By: Kanika Sharma

Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com

Copy and Paste Link Code:

Read other Articles from Kanika Sharma:
More »

Article ID 1023963 (Views 1432)

Announcement from Our Sponsor

Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.

Sponsor Listing

NationDrugs.to Canadian Pharmacy