Christmas is celebrated in the event Birth of Jesus Christ. This day is considered to be one of the most festive seasons for Chirstians in many countries around the world.
Festive activities include decorate their homes, going to church early in the morning, singing Chirstmas songs, exchanging the gifts, presents, attending to the parties’.It’s a greater time for the kids as they get presents from the family, friends and Santa Claus. For some, it is the happening event for the family, while others invite friends to a Christmas Dinner party. Churches have special services in the birth day of Jesus Christ.
On this occasion prepare some delightful recipes to your family and make your day the most memorable to you and your family. Try this fruit cake recipe at home prepared in just half an hour.
Recipe for Christmas cake:
Make this holiday your best yet with quick and easy Christmas cake recipe. Prepare this cake on the special day for your family or friends. Give below are the ingredients and the preparation method for the cake.
Preparation time: 11-15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
• All purpose flour or Maida 1 ½ cups
• Baking powder 1 ½ teaspoons
• Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
• Lemon zest ¼ teaspoon
• Almonds cut into small pieces 10-12
• Mixed dried fruits chopped 3 tablespoons
• Glazed cherries grated 12-15
• Walnuts chopped ¼ cup
• Orange zest 4 tablespoons
• Cashew nuts grated into small pieces 8-10
• Raisins or sultanas 25-30
• Rum ½ cup
• Eggs 6
• Butter 1 ½ cups
• Brown sugar soft 1 ½ cups
• Honey 1 tablespoons
• Oil for greasing
• Few drops of vanilla essence
Sieve flour with baking powder and cinnamon powder. Add lemon zest and mix it .keep it aside. Soak grated almonds, walnuts, tutti fruitti ,glaze cherries, orange zest, cashew nuts ,raisins in rum.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Take a bowl Break eggs and beat them with vanilla essence. In a separate bowl take Cream butter with one and a quarter cups of brown sugar beat until it is soft and light in color.
To the remaining brown sugar add honey and water to make caramel. It should be blackish in color. Now take a separate bowl add beaten eggs, creamed butter mixture and sugar and mix gently.
To this mixture add the sieved flour and mix it with a light hand. Cake batter will be ready. Strain the caramel into the soaked fruits and mix well. Add this the cake batter and mix gently and keep it ready. Take a cake tin greases it with oil and pour the cake batter into it. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
Reduce the temperature to 160°C and bake for another 45 minutes. When done take it out of the oven and leave it to cool. Serve hot or cold.
By: Martin James
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Martin James:
- How to Soothe a Crying Baby?
- Best Meditation Techniques for Concentration Improvement
- What is the Best and Healthy Weight Loss Diet Plan?
- Most Common Public Health Issues in America
- Harmful Bacteria Can survive in Cookies for Months
- Problems of smoking to health
Article ID 1023866 (Views 231)