Every visitor to Uganda is most excited for enjoying a wonderful gorilla trekking tour, which is fueled with hopes of encountering and experiencing a mountain gorilla family in the wild. Till to date approximately 900 mountain gorillas are found in the shared-border forests extending into Uganda, Rwanda and Congo; from which more than half of the mountain gorillas are in Uganda. “The Pearl of Africa”-Uganda is an East African country having lush green landscapes, flowing rivers and abundant wildlife as well as provides great platform for enjoying view of endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
To make most of your gorilla trekking experience, you should be aware of some essential things, such as:
Gorilla Trekking Permit:
Obtaining gorilla trekking permit will help in leading you a little closer to your expedition; one can get a permit at cost of $600 (in peak season of June-August), whereas the permit will cost $350 for months of April, May & November. Whether travelling alone or with family & friends to Uganda, you can look out for a local & reliable tour operator to conveniently obtain a gorilla trekking permit.
What to wear on a gorilla trekking?
Remember you are going to walk through mud and be covered in dirt by the end of the trek, so bring clothes that are not precious, like:
• Comfortable trekking pants- You can carry separate waterproof pants in your backpack for staying dry in a wet and muddy condition.
• Long-sleeved Shirts or T-shirt- It can be recommended to wear a light long-sleeved shirt that will protect you against sun exposure and bug bite during the trekking.
• Waterproof and light Jacket- This proves effective in case of any short spell of rain as well as help you in a chilled condition while trekking.
• Comfortable Trekking Shoes- Shoes having good traction on the bottom and water resistant are considered ideal for enjoying a wonderful and safe gorilla trekking.
• Carry a Hat- Carrying a hat will prove effective for providing sun protection, while trekking outside the forest.
About Food, Water and Other Essentials:
• Carry Enough Water- For a long and hot hiking and trekking trip; please stay hydrated by drinking enough water like two liters of water per person.
• Light Lunch and Snacks- Snacks like sandwiches and light lunch will help you in munching along the way that will keep your blood sugar and energy level high.
• Small Backpack- You need to carry a small and light backpack for a comfortable trekking. Make sure your backpack contains a high quality camera to capture the innocent glance of mountain gorillas without flashing light on them.
• Ensure to get Right Trekking Equipments- You will get all essential equipments and gear for enjoying a great gorilla trekking with a reputable tour operator in Uganda.
You can get a flexible blend of accommodation, transportation and enjoy while exploring the wilderness of forest on your gorilla trekking tours with Uganda Safari Experts.
Keywords: gorilla trekking tours with Uganda Safari Experts
By: Uganda Safari Experts
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Uganda Safari Experts:
- Memorable Experience on a Wonderful Uganda Tour with Family &amp; Friends
- Enjoy to the Fullest with Exciting Activities on Uganda Tours
- Mountain Gorillas / Chimpanzees & Other Primates of Uganda
- Memorable Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Scenic and Safe Uganda
Article ID 1021161 (Views 746)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.