Besan ke laddoos are soft and saccharine dessert snacks made from gram flour. A signature smell of this dessert arouses every Indian to savour it round the clock. Besan ke laddoos depict the piousness of Indians towards Lord Ganpati, as a legend says these ladoos were revered by this Indian Deity. The term ‘Besan’ denotes Chickpea flour and ‘Laddoos’ represent something that is sweet and round in shape like a potbelly. So here are a few easy steps to turn you into a renowned confectionist.
One and half cup gram flour
Semolina flour – 2 tablespoon
½ cup melted butter
¾ cup sugar
Coarsely grounded cardamom seeds
1. Put gram flour along with semolina flour and melted butter in a deep frying pan.
2. Turn the stove to medium heat and roast the flour on medium flame until it turns golden brown in colour. Stir the mixture constantly to prevent it from burning. Remember that besan should not be cooked on high flame as it can burn the gram flour and spoil its taste.
3. The smell of roasted besan with its sweetness will stimulate your olfactory senses once it will be fried thoroughly. Usually, it will take 7 to 10 minutes to roast the besan flour.
4. Remove the roasted besan from the pan and let it cool. When the mixture is slightly warm, add some cardamom seeds, sugar and almonds in it and mix it well.
5. The next step is to make laddoos. For this, you require 2 tablespoons of warm Besan mixture and gently press the mixture round shape in between the palms to create a smooth and circular shape. Usually, the size of laddoo represents a ping pong ball, but you can adjust it as per your preference.
6. When you are finished with making laddoos, take each laddoo and dip it in melted butter or ghee to form a layer of butter on them. Then roll the ladoos in sliced pistachios so that some pistachios stick to the laddoo.
7. Now keep the laddoos on a plate with pistachio side facing the top.
8. Leave the laddoos to cool at room temperature before transferring them into container. You can store these laddoos in container and use them up to 2-3 weeks.
Other than this besan can be used to make puris and then you can crush them into powder to make besan laddoos. It is important to roast the gram flour properly to enjoy wonderful taste and flavour of the dessert. Otherwise, uncooked gram flour will leave a raw and bland taste in your mouth and you will not be able to store the laddoos for long.
Keywords: Better Butter
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from betterbutter:
- How to Be More Skillful in Cooking Some Complex Dishes at Home
- Find the Best Collection of Eggless Dessert Recipes on BetterButter
Article ID 1019320 (Views 956)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.