"Sometimes life becomes so hard that you no longer find joy in anything. Family disputes, personal problems or career problems all affect your energy level and mental peace. Every sphere of our lives is interconnected. Your personal problems may affect your career or a problem in career can influence the family life adversely.
In such situation all we need is good counseling. Due to rising levels of stresses in every sphere and phase of life, the need of a counselor helping hand is very helpful. This can help to smoothen out your stressed life. If you are interested to make a career in behavior family counseling, you have to first attain a diploma or certificate to qualify as a professional therapist.
Many reputed organizations provide diplomas and certificate courses in family therapy training and family counseling services these days. Some advanced diplomas are also available to deepen the knowledge of the counseling therapy. These family counseling services are multi-denominational and interdenominational in its scope.
The basic skills needed to be a good counselor include active listening; understanding body language, tone, paraphrasing, summarizing, effective open ended and closed questioning, notes taking, homework, the 'goodies bag' and other informative stuff.
The Australian Counseling Association (ACA) and Psychotherapy and Counseling Federation of Australia (PACFA), includes different certificate programs in counseling and training. These courses are available in formats, part time as well as full time courses.
1. 80896ACT – Graduate Certificate in Counseling and Family Therapy (Christian) —
One year (Full Time) up to three years (Part Time). It can be completed after graduating from the Advanced Diploma. This course includes topics such as, referral networks identification of training needs, clinical supervision and other specialized topics.
2. 10486NAT – Diploma of Counseling (Christian) —one year (Full Time), or two years (Part Time). This includes topics such as Christian Discipleship, Biblical interpretation, Christian restoration and reconciliation, legal and ethical issues, practical counseling skills, working with cultural diversity and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This course also includes counseling services for common psychopathologies such as depression, anxiety and anger, referral skills, spiritual warfare, confession and forgiveness and the supernatural power of God.
3. 80884ACT – Advanced Diploma of Counseling and Family Therapy (Christian) — two years (Full Time), four years (Part Time). This course includes topics such as family therapy, application of theology, stress management, psychology and spirituality, marriage and sex therapy, therapy for grief, loss, abuse and trauma and the therapy for Children and youth.
4. CHC51712 - Diploma of Counseling— This is issued to all students who graduate with the Advanced Diploma course."
Keywords: family therapy training, family counseling services, certificate in counseling
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from aifc:
- Family Counselling Can Make A Difference
- Get A Happy Family With Family Counselling At The Right Time
Article ID 1015669 (Views 647)