"Family laws deal with domestic matters that include adoption and surrogacy/artificial conception, marriage, civil unions, divorce (dissolution of marriage), child custody, paternity testing, emancipation of minors and paternity fraud. While some family law matters may be handled without a family law lawyer, procedures such as divorce and child custody often require the expertise of a skilled family law solicitor.
Any reputed family law lawyer follows a set protocol while dealing with a case. The standard protocol is:
• Listen to your problem
• Explain the law regarding the problem and
• Tell you what your can do about it.
To give legal aid in family law, the family law solicitor would need to know about facts like:
• Your financial situation including your earnings and expanses
• Work history
• Obligations and liabilities to other family members
• Type of legal service required
• Family situation
Whenever you go to make an appointment with family law lawyer, you should always carry a few basic documents like:
• Identification proof (e.g. insurance card or driver’s license)
• Proof of current earnings
• Proof of monthly expenditures and bills (e.g. rent bills, credit cards payment slips, telephone, electricity and water bill, insurance receipt, etc.)
• Bank statements
• Proof of unusual expenditures (e.g. medical bills)
Legal aid is a provision for the forbidden people who are otherwise unable to afford lawyer and access to the legal system. Simply put legal aid is the backbone for the constitutional rights such as right to fair trial and right of equality in front of law. This is the reason it is also known as “poor’s law”. To ensure equal access to law and justice for all, legal aid is a must. Citizens who do not have sufficient money, the provision of legal aid by the government ensures assistance by legal professionals at a lower cost or for free, within court proceedings.
Family legal aid includes:
• Child protection proceedings
• Spousal and child support
• Child custody
But all the legal proceedings do not come under legal aid. Family laws that do not come under legal aid are:
• Diverse proceedings applications
• Marital property division
• Variations in child support proceedings
• Variations in spousal support
In Australia the state and territory governments are each responsible for the providing legal aid for matters arising under their laws. In addition to this, there is a network of more than 200 independent, non-profit community legal firms and centers to help people from under privileged background. The Australian Government also funds community legal firms and centers, which are free, non-profit organizations that provide legal advice and assistance to people with justice problems."
Keywords: family solicitors, family law legal aid, family law lawyers
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from darylrobinson: More »
Article ID 1015493 (Views 823)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.