Movies get reviewed, restaurants get critiqued, employees get appraised –giving and receiving feedback is part of everyday living. It is human nature to know where you stand and for businesses, this is an important tool to change a certain tactic or do more of a certain action to be ahead of the game.
As a staple internet marketing practice, a PPC company should be able to monitor and assess the effectiveness of a pay-per-click advertising campaign. This will allow adjustments to take place as well as reinforce tactics that are delivering results.
Where Feedback Comes In
A marketing process, just like any other methodical practice in the world, is initiated by an input and ended with an output. But what happens in between. The steps taken to reach Point B from Point A are called throughputs.
For example, the input of an SEO company is the pay-per-click ad campaign itself. The throughput is better exposure or rankings across markets that matter. At the end of the day, the process culminates with an output or an ultimate objective to increase online sales.
Across the three, it’s the throughput feedback that is important because it allows you to adjust your input (see what’s working or not) to produce the desired output.
Using the RAT Model When Filtering Through Feedback
A PPC company can easily unearth and cull feedback simply because there are numerous analytics tools out there that give feedback in empirical and measurable figures. But this can get overwhelming. In the end, an SEO company might find out that it wasted significant amount of time trying to make sense of data that do not even impact or have minimal effect on the ad campaign.
Clearly, when it comes to feedback, not everything is created equal. In a blog post, online marketer Howie Jacobson provided a quick and easy way to determine what a high quality and usable feedback is from the others. Just remember the acronym R.A.T.
• R is for Relevance. It is nonsense to ponder about a feedback which is not even relevant to your business objectives. If you are looking at the number of clicks, which category of clicks is most relevant to your business goals? Is it the overall clicks? The number of clicks for the highest potential keyword? For sure, you won’t look at organic clicks for a PPC campaign because you are after paid traffic.
• A is for Actionable. A PPC marketing company should look at analytics data that it can actually change by adjusting its tactics and strategies. An example Jacobson gives is the number of impressions. You really can’t do much about this, but what you can do is drill down on the venues and timings these impressions come from and adjusting your PPC roadmap based on this.
• T is for timely. Every SEO company knows that trends shift so it is important to analyze and get feedback using the context of the period where that information was mined.
A good feedback mechanism will enable a PPC company to deliver results from a PPC campaign. So, go ahead and hunt for your R.A.T. feedbacks.
Author is working as an Internet Marketing professional in an SEO company in Boston. He likes to write informative articles on various topics related to Internet Marketing. Through this article, he wants to share his knowledge with people who are about to hire an Internet marketing agency for their businesses.
Keywords: SEO company, PPC marketing company, SEO company in Bston
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Amit>:
- Making Your PPC Campaign a Global Hit
- Avoiding the Case of Social Media Buttons Overload
- Not all is Lost: Making Up for Vanished Google Local Reviews
- Making the Connection Between Cloud Computing and Search Engine Optimization
- Developing iPhone Apps for B2B Marketing
- The Internet Marketing Crossroads: Content, Search and Social Media Marketing
- St. Regis Miami Condos - Luxury Gem of Miami Real Estate
- Increasing the ‘Pass around Value’ of Your Content
- Divide and Conquer: Best Practices in Analytics Segmentation
- Mining Pinterest for Content Ideas
Article ID 1003327 (Views 838)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.