Conventional knowledge would dictate that the more option the customer has, the better. The same principle has crossed over from the windows of retail store to how many business owners use social media buttons in their sites. Using this logic, the more social sharing options a site visitor has, the more chances your content will be shared.
A social media marketing agency who will recommend having as many social sharing buttons may be following common sense, but recently, experts have discovered that when it comes to these one-click sharing tools, the right number is right and too many is not necessarily more.
More Social Buttons, Slower Page Load Time
An experienced social media company should know that social buttons utilizes java script to communicate with the social sites’ servers. Naturally, the more buttons there are, the more script your site needs to load. While there are techniques that will allow you to optimize and make the script’s file size smaller, there’s a limit to this.
Hence, peppering your webpage with too many social sharing buttons can significantly reduce your site’s load time. A social media marketing agency may not concern itself with search engines and rankings but you should. Google rolled out an update in 2010 called Caffeine which puts premium on how fast a site loads on how it will rank the site. Also, ecommerce pioneer and giant Amazon found out that for every 100 millisecond delay in loading, the chances of making a sale is reduced by 1%.
Net, strike a balance between your desire for your content to be shared and the other metrics mentioned above.
Too Many Will Make Your Content Look as Flop
Imagine having 10 social network buttons on your site and 8 of them show zero shares. This will make your content look like flop. Your site visitors will basically think: “No one is sharing this, why should I?” A social media company may call this social proof. It’s really tapping into human’s nature to want to jump into a bandwagon or trend. There is power in numbers: if 1,000 people are sharing a piece of content, it should be trendy and everyone wants to be perceived as someone trendy.
So, unless you or your partner social media marketing agency is pretty sure that you will get a lot of shares, you better choose your buttons wisely. How to Choose?
Given this scenario, how can you select which buttons to include or which social sharing one-click tools you should remove? Here are a couple of tricks:
• Web traffic is still the lifeblood of any internet marketing effort, which includes initiatives conducted in social platforms. Take a look into your Google Analytics and examine which channels are actually driving people to your site and which are not.
• Consider the demographics of the people using a particular social site and compare that to your target audience’s demographics. For example, the users of Pinterest are mostly young adult to middle age women while LinkedIn as we all know is usually used by professionals and businesses.
So, when it comes to social sharing buttons, more options does not necessarily mean better results.
Author is an Internet marketing expert and wants to share his knowledge with people who are about to hire a social media company New York for their business. He has also given words to many articles where one can find the latest trends popular in SEO and social media marketing companies.
Keywords: social media marketing agency, social media company, social media company New York
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Amit>:
- Making Your PPC Campaign a Global Hit
- Importance of Feedback to the Forefront in Developing Effective PPC Campaigns
- Not all is Lost: Making Up for Vanished Google Local Reviews
- Making the Connection Between Cloud Computing and Search Engine Optimization
- Developing iPhone Apps for B2B Marketing
- The Internet Marketing Crossroads: Content, Search and Social Media Marketing
- St. Regis Miami Condos - Luxury Gem of Miami Real Estate
- Increasing the ‘Pass around Value’ of Your Content
- Divide and Conquer: Best Practices in Analytics Segmentation
- Mining Pinterest for Content Ideas
Article ID 1003221 (Views 789)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.