The past decade saw the emergence of integrated marketing communications (IMC) as the preferred strategy for brands to effectively get their messages across. Essentially, this is the practice of using multiple channels and seamless fusing them together to achieve optimal results.
The same thing is happening today in the world of internet marketing. Search engine optimization, content marketing and social media tactics – the three powerhouses have reached a juncture wherein one is not exclusively independent from the rest. Borders and roles have been shattered and today, SEO companies are not just concerned with creating web traffic while a social media marketing company is not just held accountable for driving social engagement.
Everything Begins with Good Content
Before, content development was an underrated element of cyberspace marketing. SEO companies were busy building links, altogether neglecting the importance of high quality content. Then, Penguin and Panda updates were rolled out by Google and the spotlight was suddenly on content, hence the birth of the marketing philosophy ‘Content is King.’
Think of content as the seed from which all good marketing efforts stem from. For example, search engine rankings are now highly dependent on quality content. Thin and duplicate content which were used to be the shortcut of many SEO companies before won’t cut it anymore. Further, social media is driven by content sharing and only good quality materials deserve to be spread around. Conversion optimization, the process of converting traffic to potential leads or real paying customers, is highly dependent on compelling and persuasive content.
Clearly, content is the thread that weaves together all these facets of marketing, the backbone that anchors them all and the substance that makes online marketing a richer and more meaningful experience for customers.
The Process of Building Good Content
Unless you are an extremely prolific writer or just a creative genius, SEO companies cannot produce good content out of thin air. Likewise, a social media marketing company cannot always spontaneously produce thought provoking status updates in Facebook or Twitter and produce tangible business results.
Much is riding on good content that you need to have a process to follow. Here’s a basic methodology:
• Create a strategy, a plan and a deployment calendar. This goes for both SEO teams and a social media marketing company. You can start with a short-term plan then move to longer term scopes.
• Know why you’re developing content. What are the measurable business objectives that your content needs to achieve?
• If you’re just starting out, don’t be afraid to play with your content. By “play,” this means calculated risks and informed decision making. See what works and revise over time.
• Take time to get acquainted with your audience. After all, content is for an audience and knowing what they’re looking for will definitely provide you with a solid foundation.
• Promote and have a clear call to action. SEO companies should not expect internet users to know what to do. Explicitly state what you want your readers to do without ruining the integrity of the content.
At the end of the day, social media marketing, content marketing and SEO are no longer mutually exclusive disciplines from each other. They build on each other’s strengths. Content is the element that ties all of these so make sure you spend time and resources developing not just content, but a story worth telling.
Author is an Internet marketing expert and wants to share his knowledge with people who are about to hire a social media agency New York for their business. He has also given words to many articles where one can find the latest trends popular in SEO and social media agencies.
Keywords: SEO companies, social media marketing company, social media agency New York
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Amit>:
- Making Your PPC Campaign a Global Hit
- Importance of Feedback to the Forefront in Developing Effective PPC Campaigns
- Avoiding the Case of Social Media Buttons Overload
- Not all is Lost: Making Up for Vanished Google Local Reviews
- Making the Connection Between Cloud Computing and Search Engine Optimization
- Developing iPhone Apps for B2B Marketing
- St. Regis Miami Condos - Luxury Gem of Miami Real Estate
- Increasing the ‘Pass around Value’ of Your Content
- Divide and Conquer: Best Practices in Analytics Segmentation
- Mining Pinterest for Content Ideas
Article ID 1003007 (Views 826)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.