There’s nothing quite like the feeling of reeling in that prized catch while on a fishing charter over crystal blue waters and clear sunny skies. Nothing else quite compares to the thrill and the pride you feel once you carry your catch for the day and feel its weight in your hands. But before you get to any of this, there’s always the long and tiresome search for the perfect fishing spot. This search can be quite discouraging, especially when the catch doesn’t really make up for the time it took to find the fishing spot.
No one wants to go out into open waters and spend hours searching for the right fishing spot only to catch a wee minnow. To make sure you never have that experience, try a few of these tips for picking just the right spot to catch that prized fish.
• Know what you want to catch. A lot of the time some anglers and especially first-timers will go out into the sea and expect to just catch whatever is out there. In order to find the right fishing spot though, you have to know the kind of fish you want to catch. Not all fish stay in deep waters, and not all of them stay in shallow waters either. Focusing your target on a specific fish will help you determine whether to stay more toward the deep or shallow end. It will also help you determine what kind of bait to use.
• Do some research. It’s always helpful to know more about a possible fishing area, so try doing some research online before heading out to sea. You’ll be amazed at how much useful information you could gather, like what types of fish are biting, what kind of bait to use and where to get them, the most popular fishing areas and plenty of other helpful hints. You can also read up on your possible fishing spots on various fishing books and magazines.
• Get friendly with the locals. If there’s anyone who knows the most about the best spots to fish, it’s sure to be one of the locals. So when you’re planning to go someplace unfamiliar to fish, get friendly with the locals by buying their goods and sharing stories, and see what kind of information they can give you. Be careful to pick the right locals though, because some of them might just view you as competition and give you false information. When you do this right though, some of them might just join you and point you in the right direction.
• Be prepared for trial and error. If you’re fishing in unfamiliar waters, you can always expect some trial and error to occur. But don’t let this dampen your spirits. Instead, persevere and move on to another spot when you find nothing biting for over an hour. And always keep track of where you’ve been and where you get the most bites so you’ll know exactly where to go on your next fishing trip.
So the next time you plan to venture the open waters, take a tip or two from this list so you won’t come home empty-handed. And when you’re in the mood to catch some huge Cod, Coral Trout, Salmon, Mackerel, Snapper, Cobia, Tuna and hard-pulling Trevally, in Western Australia West Moore Island is the sure spot to go. Fishing at West Moore Island is a refreshing new experience and one that you’re sure to enjoy especially if you’ve grown accustomed to fishing in Exmouth and the Mackerel Islands. Unlike the Exmouth and Broome fishing charters which stay within the crowded Broome and Exmouth fishing areas, West Moore Island’s charters have practically the whole island to themselves, giving you bigger chances to catch those elusive prized fishes and explore more great Pilbara fishing spots.
Keywords: Pilbara fishing, Mackerel Islands, Broome fishing charters
By: Jennifer Smith
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Jennifer Smith :
- Home Nursing Services: Caring with Love
- Steps to Saving Energy with Air Conditioning
- Tips to Losing Post-Pregnancy Pounds
- How to Properly Care for Your Bed Linen
- New and Renovated Sports Centres Arise Around the World
- Theatrical and Cultural Events in Brisbane this May
- Stay Fit and Healthy During Pregnancy through Pilates
- Celebrate Your Wedding with a Cupcake
- Air Conditioning in Sydney Has Never Been This Good and Efficient
- What to Remember When Choosing Hospitality Furniture
Article ID 1001937 (Views 1609)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.